Business Development Manager EMEA
United Kingdom | Full Time
About the role
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the role of the Business Development Manager EMEA will focus on proactively managing the business development activities and taking Digitary’s solutions to new customers in the EMEA region. Digitary has a strong regional position established with many reputable and trusted institutions as long-time supportive partners, this is an important role to leverage and extend Digitary’s presence by growing the customer-base to avail of Digitary’s full suite of progressive digital solutions.
The Business Development Manager EMEA will come from a strong results-driven background, with a desirable experience selling SaaS; and working with and understanding education institutions. An ability to appreciate and navigate the industry, including strong insights and experience with the decision-making process to effectively position Digitary’s solutions with the appropriate stakeholders is imperative. The Business Development Manager EMEA will be able to clearly articulate wins, challenges and how the outcomes were achieved or occurred.
As a senior representative of Digitary in the EMEA region, the Business Development Manager EMEA will demonstrate leadership, strong presentation skills and attributes, be measured, be collaborative in engagement, develop and initiate ideas into actions, comfortable with engaging cold leads and in general have a mindset and approach that is focused on success – for education institutions, learners, employers, third parties and Digitary.
- Achieve revenue targets
- Identify strategic and business growth opportunities
- Develop and lead in-region business development plans and strategies
- Be an expert in Digitary’s solutions and how to sell it in market
- Continuously maintain a deep understanding of our product solutions to ensure effective presentation pitches and customer requirements can be addressed
- Proactively identify and develop business relationships with potential customers and ensure a strong pipeline of opportunities is maintained at various stages of the sales cycle
- Present and communicate strongly to senior decision makers and influencer groups, with an outcome-driven approach to move opportunities through the customer buying process
- Develop customer accounts plans and methodically drive the customer through our sales process to onboarding
- Identify customer pain points and align USP to match
- Coordinate the right internal team members into presentations, demonstrations, technical workshops and tender requirements
- Consistently apply and utilise Salesforce, including methodology and structure to manage and process opportunities for achieving targets and overall management
- Develop proposals that address customer requirements, needs, concerns and objectives
- Complete tender responses and associated procurement requirements with customers
- Negotiate agreements and handle objections by clarifying and working through differences to a positive conclusion
- Actively source customers and execute ways to engage with potential customers
- Work with marketing, wider commercial team and other stakeholders in developing effective collateral and initiatives for campaigns and overall engagement
- You will be prepared to perform other duties and ad-hoc requests from time-to-time, and conduct reports as required.
Qualifications / Licenses / Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years experience selling into the education sector
- 3+ years experience selling SaaS or similar technology solutions
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven experience working in similar roles or aligned tasks
- Proven sales executive experience of selling outcomes, meeting or exceeding targets and growing business
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to closure
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organisation
- Highly motivated, energetic and customer-focused approach/mentality
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Worked in a SaaS based organisation or have serviced SaaS solutions for customers
- Worked in/with higher education and vocational education institutions is preferred
- Calm and focused under pressure
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge and experience using Salesforce is highly favourable
- Flexible approach to work and strong time management
- Proven sense of urgency in completing tasks and meeting deliverables
- Ability to work independently and able to organise workloads and manage time
- Strategic selling
- Higher Education
- Strong negotiator
- Commercially astute
- Well prepared
- Strong communication
- Natural hustling capabilities
- Embrace the challenge
Life at Digitary
We are a growing team, making a significant impact in the global education sector. At Digitary, people are at the heart of our business and we prioritise staff welfare. We offer a range of competitive benefits, initiatives and flexibility, with staff also continuing to work-from-home for the foreseeable period. We are a transparent and collaborative business that prides itself on having positive engagement internally and with our customers, that is as important as the high-quality product solutions we provide and continue to develop.
We are a wonderfully diverse and inclusive organisation that celebrates the involvement of passionate people in what we deliver.
Apply now to be part of a great organisation that is making a great impact on learners worldwide.