Melbourne, Australia | Full Time
About the role
An excellent opportunity has opened up at Digitary’s Melbourne office for a passionate Java Developer to join a leading Higher Education solutions provider, and work on the latest cutting-edge distributed technologies while developing in your career.
This role is both technical and customer-facing. The successful applicant will be required to:
- Play a role in the development process, working with PM, BA and Test team to deliver features according to an agreed plan and in line with an agile process.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Conduct code walk-through/review pre-deployment to QA
- Liaise with the support team in troubleshooting production issues
Our broad expectation:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field
- Solid Java experience of at least 2 years.
- Experience in designing and developing scalable web applications
- Proficient working in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Expert in writing clean, robust, full stack, code aligned to industry standard design patterns
- Strong experience with RESTful API’s and web application frameworks
- Ebean ORM, Hibernate, JPA, SQL and strong experience with MySQL and PostgreSQL Databases
- Comprehensive understanding of XML, JSON data structures
- Implementing test-first design
- Experience with continuous integration and build tools such as maven and sbt
- Experience of the following technologies: Atlassian Suite (Confluence / JIRA / Bamboo / Bitbucket), HTML, CSS. AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, ELK
Desired Skills and Experience
- Hard working, self-starter, proven ability to efficiently and professionally manage multiple projects to strict deadlines
- Industry experience with Play Framework and Akka
- Solid exposure to developing applications on AWS
- Experience with Node.js applications
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as Angular and REACT.
- Strong customer, product and design focus and ability to pay close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure on own initiative.
Life at Digitary
We are a growing team, making a significant impact in the global education sector. At Digitary, people are at the heart of our business and we prioritise staff welfare. We offer a range of competitive benefits, initiatives and flexibility, with staff also continuing to work-from-home for the foreseeable period. We are a transparent and collaborative business that prides itself on having positive engagement internally and with our customers, that is as important as the high-quality product solutions we provide and continue to develop.
We are a wonderfully diverse and inclusive organisation that celebrates the involvement of passionate people in what we deliver.