Senior Cloud Engineer
Melbourne | Full Time
About the role
An excellent opportunity has opened up at Digitary’s Melbourne office for a passionate Senior Cloud Engineer to join a leading Higher Education solutions provider, and work on the latest cutting-edge distributed technologies while developing in your career. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package for the right individual.
This technical role is to maintain, manage and continuously improve our SaaS platform, deployment, and system processes. We require engineers who can innovate and drive change in development and operation practices. The successful applicant will be required to:
- Develop our internal tools using Python
- Manage and continuously develop our AWS-based infrastructure as code to automatically handle continuous integration, rolling deployments, failover, auto-scaling, and backups using: AWS EC2, RDS, ElastiCache, CloudHSM, EKS, ECR, S3 and CloudWatch
- Continuous Build + Integration: Jenkins, Docker, NGiNX, Apache, MySQL/Aurora, PostgreSQL
- Terraform and Kubernetes to build and manage Digitary platform in AWS
- Monitoring and log analysis tools such as Site24x7, Grafana, SumoLogic, etc.
- Work with an expert security monitoring team to resolve any security issues as they arise.
- Assist the Customer Support team with issues that may arise after the customer goes live.
- Continuously develop our CI/CD for infrastructure and application components
Education Qualifications / Licenses / Certifications Requirements
- 3+ years professional experience in as DevOps Engineer or Cloud Engineer
- 2+ years solid experience as a developer
- Solid experience scripting and automating tasks using Python
- BSc in Computer Science or related field preferred
- AWS EC2, RDS, S3, EKS (Kubernetes), Terraform
- Strong CI/CD experience: Jenkins, Kubernetes CI/CD tools/plugins
- Linux systems administration (Ubuntu & Centos) and bash scripting
- Log analytics and platform monitoring: Site24x7 (or similar), SumoLogic (or similar)
- Deep understanding of information security technologies
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience in security monitoring and implementing improvements
- Good communication skills and strong experience in working within a team
Desired Skills and Experience
- Database management: MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Understanding of SOLID coding principles
- Unit Testing in Python
- Experience with developing applications in Python
- Some exposure to working with large Java based web applications would be advantageous
Life at Digitary
We are a growing team, making a significant impact in the global education sector. At Digitary, people are at the heart of our business and we prioritise staff welfare. We offer a range of competitive benefits, initiatives and flexibility, with staff also continuing to work-from-home for the foreseeable period. We are a transparent and collaborative business that prides itself on having positive engagement internally and with our customers, that is as important as the high-quality product solutions we provide and continue to develop.
We are a wonderfully diverse and inclusive organisation that celebrates the involvement of passionate people in what we deliver.