Digitary is hiring in Japan!
Experienced Technical Project Manager required to join the Digitary team, based in Tokyo, Japan.
Fluency in both Japanese and English is essential
An exciting opportunity is now available for an experienced Technical Project Manager to join the Digitary team. This newly created role is the first team member in Japan and will lead as Digitary Subject matter expert on our products for this new market to ensure a smooth delivery of a key Digitary Project.
Technical Project Manager – Japan
With offices in Melbourne, Dublin & Canada and an emerging Northern American, Indian and Chinese presence, Digitary helps over 100 Higher Education providers around the world to securely certify their academic qualifications online. Our technology secures the achievements of millions of students and graduates and our platform been used by employers and recruiters in over 138 countries.
At Digitary, we pride ourselves on a positive company culture and working environment. By working at Digitary you will get an opportunity to work with our highly talented international team and be part of our exciting growth story as we continue to transform the way people’s qualifications are certified and used around the world.
- A key team member in the delivery of the Japanese National Rollout with our partner RECSIE.
- Successful integration of the project with Digitary’s global operations, including; technical teams, operations, account management and business development.
- Reporting to the CTO, this new role is the first team member in Japan and will lead as Digitary Subject matter expert on our products for this new market to ensure a smooth delivery of a key Digitary Project.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager to join our team based in Tokyo Japan. The successful candidate will:
- Key local contact person for the rollout of the Japan National Network ensuring delivery in line with agreed project plan
- Manage the relationship with our Japanese Partner RECSIE and the Higher Education Institutions they work with ensuring that Digitary is represented effectively in discussions.
- Accountable for the delivery of the project, enhancements and support in line with the Digitary delivery practices and governance.
- Regular engagement and clear communication with broad stakeholder groups including project steering committee to ensure expectations are well managed and delivery progress is clear and well reported.
- Regular engagement/collaboration with relevant Product Engineering Managers and the delivery teams to manage dependencies, integration, risks and production releases to ensure Product portfolio delivery success.
- Influencing and contributing to product development priorities, business cases and strategies ensuring the needs of the Japanese National Rollout are being met.
- Help drive a continuous improvement culture through effective knowledge share within Product Engineering and the broader business, fostering innovation, lean and agile practices to improve our organisational delivery capability.
- Risk and issue management including management of IP to safeguard Digitary assets.
- Managing other vendor relationships as required including understanding the internal processes, tracking of timelines and deliverables for the HEIs.
- Ensuring projects are delivered in alignment with the organisation’s strategy.
- Ensuring post-implementation project reviews are completed to determine benefits realisation and achievement of project objectives.
- Assist the COO with the continuous development, refinement, and execution of company business strategy and execution planning for Japan
- Contribute to the development and maintain relevant operational policies in line with company culture and vision
- Represent the company at the regional level with partners, vendors and key customers
- Travel domestically and internationally as required
Management structure and relationships:
- The role reports directly to the CTO with dotted line reporting into the COO.
- The role will have the opportunity to manage local operations as our Business grows.
- The role requires the ability to work with Digitary’s regional partners, suppliers and more broadly within key players in the global tertiary credential ecosystem
Mandatory skills / experience / education:
- A project leader and effective team member
- Ability to influence and discuss issues and contribute to decisions that impact other regions in all functions of the company e.g. strategy, growth, technology and operations
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing business demands, being able to react quickly and effectively
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop robust relationships quickly and deeply through effective negotiation and influencing
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to assemble multiple viewpoints, do logical analysis and make tradeoffs to find alternative feasible solutions
- Willingness to argue points firmly but accept and own the outcome if final decision differs
- Fluent in Japanese and English with exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation and negotiation with external parties
- Ability to understand, facilitate and contribute to technical conversations between HEIs and Digitary
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior Project Management role in a technology company with a strong project lead/business development/commercial component
- Experience managing a team and growing a team
- Experience of working with the higher education or government sectors
- Data security or privacy experience
- Experience gained working with digital credentials
A salary structure including bonus and equity options is negotiable to attract high quality candidates.
For all enquiries and applications, please email: email@example.com